Monday, July 6, 2015

Twofer :)

Hi Friends!

Hope you had a great weekend. My family met up with some friends and took a very enjoyable walk to a city park and watched fireworks burst almost right above us. It was pretty cool. When we got home and went to bed, we couldn't sleep. Someone in the neighborhood decided to host their own show for a couple of hours(!) and it was way loud. Not so cool. 
But they finally stopped around 1:30 am or so.
Thank goodness.

Anyway, I got a couple of cards made. Which are inspired (okay, cased) by cards I saw online. 
This first one was inspired by this one.  I really liked the blue and the orange. I did tweak it a bit. :)
I don't have any diagonal stripes! Oh my! But I did have some old Close To My Heart pattern paper that worked. I also chose to random stamp the bubble stamp all over the large strip to give additional interest. The images are colored with pencil and blended with odorless mineral spirits. 

And here's the other part of the twofer...

I have been following a blog called Just Me: c and Carol is one of the nicest bloggers around. Her blog is simply a delight and so is she. She's also a pretty good enabler, so be forewarned if you've never been to her blog before. :) I just bought Ripe Persimmon distress ink thanks to her wonderful use of that color.
Anyway, the minute I saw this card I was smitten. I had a Spellbinders die that is so similar to the one Carol used, I knew I could case her card once I got delivery of Ripe Persimmon. Here's my version. Thanks for the inspiration, Carol!!

I used a Hero Arts butterfly die and Lawn Fawn hugs die. (I'm working on adding a few single word dies to my stash). 

That's it from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a great week.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm so glad your family had such an awesome weekend. Your cards are super cute. You are making me want that fish set from lawn fawn. And I love the die you used on your second card. So much fun. I'm off to check out the blog you linked up.

Barb said...

Super cute cards, Jeanne! You've been a busy little bee! I see you've taken quite a liking to Lawn Fawn. I understand completely! I just their cute, whimsical style.

Pop's Cards said...

Both are stunning sweetie I love the fishes so cute and the stripe goes perfect with the image and the second one drool, I don't have any words for :0)) hugs Pops x

cm said...

JEANNE!! Oh my goodness, but you sure know how to make a person feel ultra, mega and incredibly special! Thank you for your kind words *blushing* and especially for finding one of my cards a source of inspiration. I absolutely LOVE your take! Isn't ripe persimmon a lovely colour? And you've showcased it marvelously here! Squeezed Lemonade is on my wish list. Your LF hugs and HA butterfly..perfect! Flattered and delighted, my friend! In fact, I think you should consider sharing it over at TIME OUT, as you've certainly captured the colours of the inspiration photo they have for their current challenge. Here's the link: http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.ca/2015/06/time-out-challenge-34.html Your first card: fish-tastic in every way! I'm sooo enjoying your casing; something I fully intend to do (unless I go with that CopyCat Challenge idea...). Have a marvelous day, sweet friend...you've definitely made mine sparkle!
Hugs~c

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh both of these are wonderful!! The first one with the little fish bowl is just adorable! Love the striped paper and the design is really cute! The second card, the CASE of Carols is stunning! Wow!! Your Distress Ink blending is so pretty and I love that die overlay you used! The black butterfly and sentiment is superb!! Very beautiful work! (( Hugs my friend!))

Campbell Todd said...

Nicce blog