Monday, June 8, 2015

Wryn the Mermaid

Hi Friends!

Way back in April, I saw this card on Handmade by Christine and was smitten with the way Christine colored the mermaid. I adored the purple hair! And I wanted to see if I could color the hair with pencils to look somewhat similar. So I picked up the digi image here at Tiddly Inks and started coloring. My crafting time has been so limited recently that I had to put the image aside. Well, yesterday I finished with the hair and added some sparkle. Today I fussy cut her and played around with some distress inks (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass and a bit of Seedless Preserves). I added some misting of water mixed with Perfect Pearls and at the last minute decided it needed a few sequins. Oh and I embossed the Cuttlebug swirls onto the background piece. Thought they would mimic water, sorta, kinda. 

Here's how the card turned out. 
Feel free to enlarge if you want. I brushed on some Diamond Dust Stickles here, there and everywhere. 

And a close up, just because.

I have to admit I'm pretty happy with the final result. 

:)

Yay for summer break!
I can sneak away a bit more.
Eeek! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a happy day.
Hugs,
Jeanne

10 comments:

Alanna said...

Wow Jeanne, this is so cute. I adore the purple hair and the embossing folder is the perfect touch.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous coloring!

Barb said...

Absolute perfection is what this is! So adorable, Jeanne! I love all that sparkle and you did a fantastic job with her hair. The background you created is lovely, as well. I've had this image on my wish list for some time. I think you've just convinced me to grab it right away. I have such a 'thing' for mermaids. She's just beautiful, you should be very proud of yourself.

Hugs!
Barb :)

Happy Crocheter said...

Very pretty. I especially love the purple hair. 😀

Pop's Cards said...

Yay not getting times out today, I so love this card Wryn is my all time fave character I just love her she is my fave, I love the colours that you have used and the embossing makes her pop, gorgeous card sweetie hugs Pops x

Kay Miller said...

Well of course you're happy with the way this turned out! Who wouldn't be?? This is totally adorable! And wow!!! You colored her so beautifully! The hair is exquisite!! I love mermaids and I love purple, so this is right up my alley! heheh! So glad you are having more time to create! I love seeing what you do! Oh love all the sparkle and sequins you added too! ((Hugs))

Sharli Schaitberger said...

She is adorable! Excellent work with the coloring - her hair, her face, the sparkle - are all fab details! Enjoy summertime!
Hugs!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh this is completely FAB. Gorgeous colours too x

Marika said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words. You're so kind. Your mermaid looks stunning, just love the purple hair and your colouring is amazing. I had a little friend by my side when I opened your blog and her jaw dropped on to floor and she said "Mummy, I wanna have that mermaid, can we PLEASE have it!" :)

cm said...

*Happy* with your result should be 'extremely and exponentially' happy, because that's my response! Your colouring is breath-taken-away amazing, Jeanne! Your mermaid's purple hair is definitely exquisite. Perfect shading and the star-fish accessories are ultra sweet! An all around work of art, my friend! LOVE x LOVE this! Now that summer's arrived, looking forward to seeing more of your stellar creativity!
Hugs~c