Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sending Hugs

Hello and Happy New Year! Hope you had fun celebrating New Year's Eve. Party animal that I am, we played video games for a while and went to bed well before midnight. And then I got woken up by the revelers in the neighborhood who were clanging pots and yelling and the ones who shot off fireworks. Hrm...maybe I should have just tried to stay awake! LOL I managed to fall back asleep before too long though, so it's all good. :) I'm such an early bird that forcing myself to stay awake til midnight doesn't sound appealing at all. Greeting the day at 5am is not a problem though! Ha, ha!

Hey, I have a card to share! Whooo hoooo! Starting 2015 with a crafty bang! How about that?! Actually I have two cards to share. One was completely made by me and the other one got a huge assist from my crafty co-hort, Jessica. I recently picked up some new stampy goodness at a local scrapbook store (and on sale to boot, whooo hooo) and have been itching to play, but didn't find my way into the crafty mode until the other day when I started stamping and die cutting the images. It took another few days before I could sit down to put the card idea I had together. (I know I saw the idea somewhere, but couldn't find it again, so this is from my very hazy memory). Jessica wandered by as I was getting started and asked if she could color, too. :) Sure!
This is my card.

This is the one Jessica worked on.
Looks pretty awesome to me!

A nice side by side. 

I used distress inks (Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves) to sponge the sky.  We used colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color. I tried to add some Wink of Stella here and there, but you can't really see it. I also added some Icicle Stickles under the trees for some sparkle. 
Stamp sets are Lawn Fawn: Snow Day and Making Frosty Friends, along with the dies for each set. Sentiment is from another Lawn  Fawn set  called So Much To Say.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I hope you have a spectacular day.
*Ü*
Jeanne

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Adorable cards! Love that Jessica did one too!!!

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous cards sweetie so cute, thank you so much for your comment, I was sent that poem after lots of losses all in a few months and I printed it out and framed it and read it almost every day, I know it is only words but sometimes a word makes you think, hugs Pops x

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness!! You have a fantastic little cardmaker in the making! I guess I shouldn't even say "in the making" because she's pretty darn good already! Both of your cards are just adorable!! I love the cute little winter scene you have created here, and the distress ink background is so pretty! Some of my favorite stamps too! I just love these!! So happy that you found some time to stamp! Happy new year my friend! (hugs)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wonderful cards, Jeanne and Jessica! Love them! The details make this scene so pretty! Hugs!

Alanna said...

These are just darling. Your blended sky is gorgeous and I love that you paired those cute bunnies with that snowman.