Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy Summer!

Hi there!
Well, it's officially summer! Hope you are enjoying it wherever you are. It hasn't been too hot here, but I'm sure that won't last too long.
*Ü*
The girls and I are enjoying ourselves. We've done a few things, but mostly they are enjoying life being a little low key right now. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to sneak into my crafty corner as often as I'd like. But today I managed to. Well, I had to do some clean up before I could actually do anything. It's amazing how things start to pile up when you turn your back. 

Anyway, after some fiddling and futzing, this is what I came up with. I was inspired by a card I saw here. (edited to fix link) The yellow and black really caught my eye. 
I searched my stash and found a Close To My Heart Stamp Set that doesn't have a name on it. I'm pretty sure I've used it before, and Becky probably told me what the name of it was, but I didn't note it. (oops) The Happy Birthday is from Papertrey Ink. I added some gems and decided at the last minute to try putting some tiny ones on to mimic doodling three dots together. I like it! (The yellow ink is Sunflower from CTMH)

And just because it's not really summer until you have a "snowcone." I had to get some shots of Jessica making hers. It's a shaved ice machine, but the girls call them snowcones. Who am I to quibble? I'm happy they are self sufficient and make their own.  ;)



The juice is Strawberry Watermelon. 
Yum!
Well, they thought so. 
I like mine with lemonade, but we don't have any right now.
Best fix that soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you have a happy day!
Jeanne





7 comments:

Alanna said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the cluster of flowers and the outline around the card.

I'm not sure but the flowers look like they came from a special called Tickled Pink.

Your girls look like they are enjoying themselves. Glad to hear that things have been low key.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love the card!! I'm trying to use some of my older products, too. I simply can't justify using only new product on a retirement budget, and these flowers are proof that these stamps have still " got it"!!!!

I giggled about the sno-cones! Yes, that is very much "summer"!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne! I always love seeing the girls and I can't believe how much they have grown. :) Love and Hugs, Tamara

rrbco1995 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rrbco1995 said...

Nice job, Jeanne. Clean and simple is always in style.

Good call, Alanna. It is the "Tickled Pink" set.

Becky

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh this is lovely Jeanne!! Those flowers are adorable! The colors you've used are amazing too! I would never think to add black leaves, but I totally love it!! I love your added little dots too! Those just make the card! Sounds and looks, by the picture, that you and your girls are enjoyed your low key summer! I'm so glad :)

Barb said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the color combo. And the addition of the little gems, as doodles is brilliant! I love the extra sparkle they give.

I can see that you and your girls are off to a wonderful summer. I hope you all have a BLAST!

Hugs,
Barb :)