Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Day Cards

Thank you very much for the kind words you shared about Amy's giraffe. You are very sweet and I appreciate your comments so much.

I made these cards a few weeks ago and meant to share them before now, but life got in the way. Hope you like!
This first one is from a set called Love Grows Here by Taylored Expressions. I found it at Archiver's, just before their going out of business sale started. They had a card using this image on display in the store and I loved what they did. This is my simple version. I used colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color the image. I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to the hearts, but it's very subtle. The paper, tag and twine are all Doodlebug. I popped up the image and the tag with foam dots. On the original card in the store, they had sponged clouds on the background and I really wanted to do that, but I was too afraid I would mess it up, so I instead sponged distress ink on with the image in the Spellbinder's square die. One of these days though, I will get brave enough to practice sponging clouds!

This next one uses Lawn Fawn's Science of Love stamp set and dies, again purchased at Archiver's (I sure am going to miss that store. :( sniff ). I wanted to link the set to their website, but it is down as I am writing this. This link will take you to the blog post showcasing the set.  This is the card though that inspired the one I made. I put my own spin on it and am very happy with the result. 

The sentiment was stamped with some old, old Close To My Heart alphabet stamps called Sans Small Uppercase. I added some Stickles in the heart on the sentiment. Again the background paper is Doodlebug and I colored the images with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you are keeping warm wherever you are.
It's currently 2 degrees outside right now. 
Brrrrr.
But, the sun is shining, so it's a good day.
*Ü*

Jeanne

8 comments:

Alanna said...

What darling cards Jeanne. They are both so fun and cute. I was sad to hear about Archivers although I've only visited one twice because they were never very close to me.

And it is a good day since the sun is shining. Now if only it would just warm up a bit.

Laurel said...

These are so adorable and I LOVE that second one, how cute is that!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Both cards are terrific but the second one made me giggle! Dumping hearts (spell) on the other birdie! How fun! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet cards! I love all of the things that you make. Stay warm. I think our high today is supposed to be 10 degrees above zero. It's a heat wave in Wichita, Kansas. :) Hugs, Tamara

stampmonkey said...

Your Valentine cards are both just darling, Jeanne! I had no idea that Archiver's was going out of business. I didn't shop there often, but I always loved their selection. Bummer. On the bright side, the weather seems to be warming up a bit. ;)

So sorry to hear that your girls have both been feeling poorly. I hope they are good as new very soon. (I scrolled down a bit and saw the ADORABLE giraffe you made for Amy --you're so talented!)

big hugs,
Christi

Barb said...

Your cards are adorable! I love the tree with the hearts on it, so so cute! And of course you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the LF card. You did an AWESOME job with that set. It looks GREAT!

Joyce said...

Hi there. I see your smiling face on practically every blog I visit--you are always so early on your commenting--so I decided to pay you a visit and see what sorts of crafts you are up to--I was rewarded with all sorts of cute and crafty goodness, so I'm glad I stopped by. Hope your daughters are on the mend, and that you have a wonderful Valentines day.

Kay Miller said...

Archivers is going out of business???? OH NO!! I don't have one close, but I've been to one in Kansas CIty and it was fabulous! Oh that's sad. Anyway, your cards are adorable!! That little heart tree is so sweet and you colored it so wonderfully! Love that cute little sentiment too. And oh the little bird one from Lawn Fawn is soooooo precious!! I've had my eye on that set and now I want it after seeing what cute things you did with it! I love the bright pink background! Wonderful work my friend! So sorry I am late commenting on this one. I don't ever remember getting an email about it. Glad I saw it now though! ((Hugs))