I'm going to try writing this post in Blogger and see what happens.
(Click on photos to enlarge to see any details).
This knitted pieces for this outfit were completed a couple of months ago, but we didn't have a dressy blouse to go with it. The idea of making one is what started the whole idea of making the doll clothes.
I found some Simplicity and McCalls patterns on sale for 99 cents and then I pick through the remnant bins at Joann's for most of the fabric. The yarn is Vanna White Glamour brand. The sparkliness isn't shown too well in the photo, but it's there.
My original thought was to make two Christmas-y dresses, but after working on one, I decided to hold off on number 2. It took a lot of time and patience to get that lace situated correctly.
Remember the knitting project I've been referring to in previous posts? Well, here it is! Finally completed.
I used Red Heart's With Love to make the coat. It took longer than I thought it would to knit the pieces for the coat. Or I should say for the bottom section of the coat. The other sections weren't quite as long, so they did work up faster.
This hat is supposed to be more of a beret, but it's still cute as a beanie.
This is knitted with a sock yarn and I adore the colors in it.
My very first attempt at mittens and it wasn't too bad considering the small size!
Once I was close to getting done with the coat ensemble, Amy requested a beachy outfit. Wow, what a transition, from winter wear to summer wear, but okay...
I adore the colors used here, too!
This is Lily's Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn. A yarn I don't like to crochet with, because I get terrible hand cramps, but knitting with it wasn't a problem.
The girls were smitten with the ankle band. True story: Jessica got a gazillion beads for her birthday and not one of them were of the style we needed to complete the band. Isn't that always the case. I found a small package of pony beads at the Dollar Tree. I wasn't going to buy a big package of beads when Jessica already has a gazillion of them. LOL
I really like the mesh texture of the dropped stitch used to create the cover up.
And her swim suit and headband are kind of cute, too.
I started this ensemble on Christmas or pretty soon after. This was a much quicker project to work up.
And a reminder this is the pattern book I used for the projects. I picked it up at Michaels.
This is the outfit the doll was wearing under the green coat above. I love the paisley print!
And a couple of robes. Amy loves purple, so I was thrilled to find this remnant. Jessica's doll's robe is flannel. So cozy!
I ran out of time to complete any more outfits. Shhhh...the dolls don't have jammies yet. Soon, I hope!
Thanks for looking and indulging me this picture heavy post.
Hope you enjoyed your visit!
Clicking publish and crossing fingers....